Welcome to Megahood Wants, where we go from house to house, town to town filling at least 5 wants per day, per sim for a season.
I have been reading ASimWen‘s challenge for a few years now (it was started in 2011). She recently came back after almost two years away and it really got me interested in trying this challenge (again).
- Uni – Sim State
- Riverblossom Hills
- Desiderata Valley
- Uni – La Fiesta Tech
- Bluewater Village
- Uni – Academie La Tour
- Belladonna Cove
- Fulfill at least 5 wants per day, per sim.
- The citizens of the Megahood will choose their own mates.
- “WooHoo” wish can never be ignored. I use the Risky Woo Hoo hack in my game, and I will only choose Try For Baby for someone with the want for a baby locked in. My Sim may get pregnant, may not.
- When the phone rings, answer it.
- All invites out must be accepted, unless a pregnant sim has low stats or they have visitors on the lot already.
- Permanent Platinum Sims may or may not have their wishes filled.
- University: Sims will only go to University if they roll the wish and it stays for 48 hours without it being locked in.
- All original adult sims will automatically be graduated from University using the Batbox. I like to think they all had lives before the game actually started.
- Single sims/romance sims who become pregnant will roll a dice to see if they keep the baby or put it up for adoption.
- A try for baby that fails three times makes that sim infertile and they can adopt a baby from the Orphanage.
- Risky is set at 30%.
- No one can move out of the house until after 6 pm Sunday night. They will get their names listed last on the rotation.
I will add more stuff here, if I feel anything needs changing.
New! November 2019:
- I started playing a Megahood using Meetme2therivers cleaned hoods.
- I will be playing Prosperity style and may do points
- I’m using no20khandouts.
- All chance cards must be taken for good or bad.
New! May 2020:
- University will be played differently than I usually do. It will now be one semester at uni and one rotation back in their hometown. The hope is that I don’t get a stockpile of people in Uni that all end up aging at the same time.
New! June 2020:
- University: I will be rolling a dice to determine what university the teens go to. A 1 or 4 sends the sim to Academia La Tour, 2 or 5 they go to Sim State and a 3 or 6 they go to La Fiesta. This way the sims from all the neighborhoods get mixed up throughout the different unis if they go. (ciyrose)
- When a sim moves out or graduates from Uni a random number between 1 and 8 will be picked. That will be the neighborhood they move into (unless they are an heir which means they will move back home) (ciyrose)
- After each round, I will be backing up the hood (on the hard drive and uploading it to the cloud) in order to not lose this challenge again.
- If I find a household boring, I may remove them from the rotation or play them for the season and only do a recap post with minimal pictures and just text updates.